I have "borrowed" this title from a fellow blogger. I have written about the terrible twos more than once, but I want to make sure I write about all the fun and joy Emma brings to our lives at this age.
She truly is a lot of FUN! Never a dull moment... She is spontaneous and full of energy, she is smart and curious, she is thoughtful and loving, and brings so much joy into our lives.
She talks and talks and talks some more. She will wake up from her afternoon nap and lay in her bed and talk for a good 20 min. She will talk about what she did during the day, what she will do tomorrow, about her toys and friends, and about stuff no one can understand;) She knows so many words, both in French and in English. She will tell me it is a carrote in French but a carrot in English to Jeff. And will tell me "nonono maman it's not a carrot, it's a carrote".
She is into her baby dolls and everything that goes with it. She feeds them, changes their diapers, walks them in the stroller, rocks them to sleep, bath them. She is a real little mama! She also is into pretend play and having tea parties and make believe birthday parties with a big cake with who ever will sit and prentend with her. She loooooooves the princess dresses and shoes. She wears them all day long every day! She wakes up and comes down the stairs with a dress and a pair of sparkly shoes in her handand she will not take NO for an answer. She likes to dance like the friends in this Christmas movie (It's now Febuary...I know!) or with the lady and the beast. She is our little princess!
She loves her little brother and is not afraid to show it. She will hug him and kiss him all the time. She wants to dance with him, but he does not like that at all and he does this very high pith scream every time she tries. She gets toys for him...so he will not play with the toys she is playing with (I told you she is smart). They play together very well and you can see that Emma can't wait for him to be just a little older and run around with him.
It's the little things that just make her special. At lunch, out of no where, she will say "Bon appetit" and want to do a "chinchin" with me. The other day after bath time, she grabbed my face and gave me a big kiss... she didn't say it, but I know she just wanted to say I love you sooooo much maman!!!
2 comments:
Vais encore avoir l'air pas très objective mais c'est tellement tout vrai.
maybe some will think I lack objectivity
but it's all so true She's just like that funny, loving, imaginative....
Grand maman
Emma is so darling! When I talk to her on the phone or on Skype, she talks and talks, although I usually agree with her and try to ask her something else, since I'm not sure what she just said, but I know she thinks I understand. Claude is right, she has a good sense of humor, easily shows love, and is obviously very intelligent! And beautiful, of course. You have both done a good job with her.
Grandma
Post a Comment