After being in the NICU for 1 week Emmanuelle finally got to come home. She was in the NICU on oxygen and monitors for 4 days. She was doing very well but still had to finish her doses of IV antibiotics. She was doing so good that they moved us to a rooming in room where I was able to stay with her all the time. And then we got to come home!!!
We all have been adjusting very well to our new life with Emmanuelle. The dogs didn't really know what to think of her at first but already they seemed to have understood that she is here to stay. And as expected Kobe does not want to share her with Balou, but we are working on that.
I woke up this morning and couldn't help but stare at Emmanuelle while she was still sleeping and get teary eyes. During the last couples of weeks of my pregnancy, I would worry about what this baby would bring to us... will she be healthy, what if I liked my life better pre-baby, and most importantly what if I don't bond with her??? Well no worries, her little face came out and it was love at first sight and already after only one week I can't imagine our life without her. I absolutely love the way that Jeff looks at her and holds her...she already has him wrapped around her finger. She really completes our family!
1 comment:
She just gets cuter & cuter in every pic I see! What a doll. Glad you're setteling into parenthood well, I never doubted either of you would. Can't wait to meet her & see you two!
_Wendy
Post a Comment