Saturday, October 17, 2009

Life happens...

Last weekend we went to Austin for 2 big reasons. 1st we were going to the Colorado-Texas football game, and 2nd we were meeting with a professional photographer for Emma's first "photo shoot". I had been planning this trip for months. I was so excited about the photographer, Jennifer Cota. Some of our friends had gotten pictures from her and they were amazing, and I totally fell in love with her work. The football game was going to be a blast with some old college friends. Especially when I found out Shona, one of my very good friends that I had not talk to in too long , was going to be in Austin for the game also.

I planned and planned and planned.... and realized that you can only plan so much with a 13 month old. At the end of the day, she is the one who decides how the weekend is going to turn out.

We left Dallas Thursday night after dinner so Emma would sleep during the car ride. We got to Austin and she had a 102 fever. No problems, I brought Tylenol. She slept OK for the rest of the night. In the morning, we were meeting the photographer at 10:00 at Laguna Gloria, this gorgeous park. We had planned to take outside pictures. Well it was POURING outside. Luckily, they had an inside gorgeous house. Emma was not feeling well. She was glued to me and not in the best mood. After an hour, we finally were able to get her 5 feet away from me and with a little smile:) I had planned to put this little bow in her hair ( she looks so cute with a little bow and her bangs out of the way) but she did not want to have anything in her hair not even for a second. Jennifer Cota still managed to get some great shots. Go see for yourself : http://jcotaphotographyblog.com/?p=320

Emma's fever continued for the following day she was not eating much during that time and was very very cranky, which is very very unusual. So we decided that Emma and I would stay at our friends's house instead of going to the football game since she was not feeling good. Probably a good decision since she fell asleep at 7 pm.

Things do not always happen as planned but they always turn out good.... we still got some great pictures and still managed to have some fun visiting with old friends

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Magifiques les photos prises par la photographe Jennifer Cota!
ah bien oui! les enfants décident parfois des sorties possibles ou non, n'est-ce pas ? LOL!
Belle à croquer la p'tite Emma!
Vous êtes une belle famille !!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous a oublié de signer :))
Gigi se régale en regardant vos albums! C'est chouette de pouvoir voir Emma de mon pays plus froid!
De la voir grandir tout en beauté.
Ella l'air si bien, si heureuse.
tata Gigi!