Wednesday, May 5, 2010

If you are reading this you know that I have 2 kids. Emma is 20 months and Lucas is 2 months. That's right they are 18 months apart. I wanted them to be close in age so that later they would play and grow together and be good friends....but some days I wonder if it was a good idea.

Here's how my day went:
We woke up and had a good breakfast (cereal with strawberries, well deserved for me since the baby woke up every 2 hours last night to nurse), we got dressed without any breakdown and had the cutest little dress on. I picked up some toys and put away some clothes...the house looks spotless! I get the baby fed and dressed (he doesn't want to nurse from the right side. And of we go for a walk around the lake since it is so gorgeous outside. Emma is in the jogging stroller and Lucas in the babyborjn. We walked for one hour and half. By the end of the walk both kids are sleeping and I am sweating... At that moment, I thinking to myself:"Look at me SUPER MOM, the house is clean, the kids are sleeping and they look so cute, I am getting some exercise and enjoying this beautiful day"... Then it went all downhill from there.

I had to wake up Emma to get back in the car and she is not happy about this. On the way back home, which is only 5 min, Lucas also woke up and he is HUNGRY again. I walk in the house with 2 screaming kids. I put a baby enstein in for Emma while I feed the baby (still does not want to nurse on the right side). Now in the back of my mind I start thinking about this article I read about when babies don't want to nurse on one specific side it could be a sign that there is a tumor in the breast. The baby falls asleep. I make Emma and I organic mac and cheese and honey melon balls. Emma eats her melon (she is a melon freak). I can tell that Emma is still very tired. She only slept 30 min during our morning walk. So I try to put her down for a nap...no success. I decide to get the markers and crayons out and we express our artistic side...I take my eyes off of my little picasso and the chair is covered orange marker (thank god they are washable). The baby is not sleeping anymore and is not his happy mellow self that he usually is. Emma is getting tired and whiny.

I decide to tak ethem outside to play in the back yard. I go get the jogging stroller out of the car to lay the baby in...Emma has a fit! The stroller is one of the things that she does not share very well with her little brother. So no problems, I will take them for another walk and they will both fall asleep...and maybe I will be able to catch a little snooze myself too since I am also getting tired. By the time I get the baby in the bayborjn, Emma refuses to get back in the stroller... At that moment I am thinking I have a very full right boob (since he has not nursed from it since last night) and I am about to loose my mind and my cool!

Desperate times calls for desperate measures. I put all the crying kids in the car and go for a drive hoping that they will all fall asleep. It took about 5 minutes for Lucas to pass out. I can see Emma fighting it and fighting it and fighting it... finally 20 min later she is asleep. HALLELUJAY!!! I hurry back home. Transfered Emma to bed successfully. The baby is still sleeping, I can start dinner and maybe take a little nap too... Too late for the nap Lucas is up and hungry again. This time he empties the right side...another HALLELUJAY! Emma woke it was almost 5 pm, that is a 3 hour nap...I told you she was tired! And Papa got home at 5 pm and I handed him the torch...just for a few minutes!

I love my life and my family and would not change this time at home for anything in the world... But some days I am amazed by how fast our calm happiness can go into a worldwind of screaming chaos.

No comments: