Sunday, May 16, 2010

Off to a new adventure...

Change is always a little scary. So as we are about to embark on a new adventure and move to Ottawa... we have a range of emotions. We are a little scared, somewhat stressed, very sad, but most of all extremely excited!



At 17 years old, I moved to United States to pursue my dream to become an Olympian. I never did reach my goal of making the Olympics, but I got to travel the world, received an education from one of the best Universities in the country, met incredible people along the way, made lifelong friends, met the man of my dreams while trying to reach my dream. Almost 15 years later, I now realize that the pursuit of a dream is often more important then reaching the dream...



We were so fortunate to have been able to spend the last couple of years near Jeff's family and will be very sad to leave them. We made great friends here in Texas and will miss all of them. But don't worry we will come back and visit as often as we can. And everyone is welcome to our house (once we get one) at anytime.



When I moved to United States, I was a fearless 17 years old with 2 suitcases and a dream. I come back to Canada as a mother, a wife, a college graduate, and with lots of great memories and fantastic friends.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We'll visit! Look forward to hearing about your new adventures - love you!!